Health Threats Hidden Inside Your House

Although most of the times, your home is your private crib and the place where you feel at safe, it can sometimes be dangerous due to some health threats that linger inside your house without you knowing about it. In order to prevent the risks implied, you need to be aware of the health threats that hide inside your house.


Few houses don’t have problems with mold and this is either because they have a good insulation or if the air humidity levels don’t exceed the normal levels. Mold usually develops in dark and humid areas like basements and garages but it can also affect the walls or floors in other rooms of your house, causing you allergies, asthma, and breathing issues. Avoid sudden changes of temperature and ensure a proper ventilation that will prevent humidity from affecting your home in order to keep mold away.

Dust Mites

These small particles are everywhere inside your house and they wouldn’t be a concern if they weren’t responsible for so many allergies, irritations, and breathing problems. Dust mites are likely to form inside the bedding because the fluffy and poorly ventilated fabrics are the perfect environment for them. In order to prevent them from affecting your health, it is recommended to buy hypoallergenic bedding like an organic mattress made of natural cotton that allows the air to pass through it. Also, a bamboo pillow will complete the safe sleeping environment with its dust-repellent properties that ensure you will not inhale any dust mites.

Toxic Fumes

You may not know this, but most of the items in your house emit toxic fumes that contribute to damaging your health. The paints used to decorate your home might contain lead and formaldehyde, the glue and lacquer in the furniture could also emit chemicals into the air, not to mention the cleaning products, all these constantly release some toxins that can cause you breathing issues, concentration problems, and even sleeping disorders or chronic headaches.

Carbon Monoxide

A well-hidden threat inside your house is carbon monoxide that is usually created by gas-based appliances like the heater you use, the stove, or even the garden machines you use outdoors. The biggest danger related to carbon monoxide is that it can’t be seen, smelled, or tasted, so you might not even know that you are at risk of gas poisoning until you start experiencing symptoms like faint, nausea, lack of concentration, or loss of consciousness. The safest thing you could do is install a carbon monoxide detector and limit the use of gas appliances as much as possible.